The Waterford Academy of Music & Arts (WAMA) hosts a range of art disciplines, from drama and dance to music and art. It is a friendly, safe, non-competitive and inclusive community where any person can join and enjoy the company of other like-minded individuals while learning their chosen art form. WAMA is now the premier music & arts school in the South East, and is one of largest in the country.
- SUMMER CAMP (sample our courses) - Mon Aug 11th to Fri Aug 15th - 10:30am to 3pm
- REGISTRATION (for existing students) - Mon Aug 18th to Fri Aug 22nd - 1pm to 3pm
- OPEN WEEK + REGISTRATION (for new students) -Mon Aug 25th to Fri Aug 29th - 1pm to 3pm
All the excitment for September is announced on Facebook
Tuition offered in:
- Musical Instruments (Guitar, Piano*, Drums, Ukulele*, Violin, Cello, Mandolin, Banjo, Bass, Voice Training, Flute, Bodhran, Kindermusik**) Musical instruction is generally suitable from age 8, except piano and ukulele which is from age 5, and Kindermusik which is from 6 months to 4 years. Group classes last for one hour, 1-2-1 tuition lasts for a half hour. Graded examinations are available for all instruments and are optional.
- Musical Performance Groups (Choir, Big Band Jazz Orchestra, Ukulele Orchestra, Rock Band, Drumming Band, Guitar Ensemble) Students who study musical instruments in WAMA have great performance opportunities through these optional outlets.
- Drama & Dance Drama & Dance is suitable from age 5+, with children age 5-6 years taking a one hour class, and children 7+ taking a 2 hour class. Students have access to WAMA's large dance studio, as well as WAMA's drama room and theatre. Students have unrivaled performance opportunitues throughout the entire year as well as their large scale end-of-year show.
- Art Art classes take place in WAMA's fully equipped art studio and are suitable from age 5+. Lessons last for 75 minutes. Stduents learn painting, drawing, and craft.
- Recording Recording Engineering takes place in WAMA's recording studio and addresses all aspects of how to record, including microphone techniques, tracking, compression, including effects, mixing, mastering, and much more.Suitable from age 15 to adult. Class lasts for 90 minutes.
Purpose Built Facilities:
- Theatre (seats 180, pro lighting rig, pro pa system, airconditioned)
- Art Gallery
- Recording Studio
- Dance Studios
- Art Studio
- 15 Classrooms
- Car Park (right outside front door)
- Spacious lobby/waiting area (seated)
- Baby Changing area
- Easter Camp : 14th to 17th April - 10:30am to 3pm
- Summer Camp ONE: 30th June to 4th July - 10:30am to 3pm
- Summer Camp TWO: 11th to 15th August - 10:30am to 3pm
Camps are suitable for ages 5 to 14. We supply all the musical equipment and art supplies. Throughout each camp students are timetabled to get instruction on: Guitar, Piano, Drums, Drumming Band, Ukulele, Choir, Drama, Dance, Art & Craft, Kindermusik, and Songwriting & Recording. Our exciting camps are a great way for young people to try new things and to get a peek in to classes that they are thinking of joining in September.
Telephone: 051-821014 (School Office)
Waterford Academy of Music & Arts,
Follow WAMA's news and up-coming events on Facebook
Download the WAMA Enrollment Form
Subscribe to the WAMA Newsletter
This site is currently being redesigned.